The 18th International Landscape Architectural Symposium of Japan, China and Korea
(The Convention of JILA Kansai Branch 2023 will be jointly held.)
Next Generation of Landscape from Asia: Traditions and Innovations
Asia has rich traditions rooted in nature and culture, which emerge in its beautiful landscapes. At the same time, as the frontier of technological innovation, its landscapes are changing dynamically.
This conference will bring together landscape professionals to share the results of research and practice in both tradition and innovation and to explore how we can respond to the challenges we face. For example, we will address climate change, reduce disaster risk, improve biodiversity, prevent air pollution, manage water resources properly, dispose of large amounts of waste, preserve cultural landscapes, ensure wellbeing lifestyles, and create beautiful landscapes. In meeting these challenges, traditional landscape technologies derived from symbiosis with nature provide hints for achieving social sustainability, driven by the global goal of a nature-positive world.
The era of Web 3.0, the next generation of autonomous and decentralized Internet, has arrived, and with technological innovations such as artificial intelligence and virtual reality, the scope of our efforts will expand in both time and space. Our goal is to be the protagonist in confronting these challenges head-on, utilizing the fruits of technological innovation, and to present to the world how sustainable next-generation landscapes could be.
[Date] November 10 (Fri.) – 12 (Sun.), 2023
[Place & Venue] Kyoto City and surrounding areas, Kyoto University Maskawa Building for Education and Research, etc.
(All listed in Japan and Korea time, subtract one hour to figure out Beijing time.)
* The details of Technical Tour, Student Fieldworks, International Symposium, Oral Presentations, and Poster Presentations will be posted on this website as they become available.
* If the COVID-19 infection seems to spread, all programs may be brought online.
* At this time, the welcome party is planned, but this is subject to change depending on the status of COVID-19.
* The International Symposium to be held on the morning of 11/11 is open to the public.
Registration: 3,000JPY (Student: 1,000JPY)
for on-site and online participation, online pre-registration and payment
Welcome Party: 6,000JPY (Student: 1,000JPY)
for on-site participation only, online pre-registration, on-site payment
Calls for Technical Tour, Student Fieldworks, Poster Presentations will be announced later.
In order to manage the conference properly, prevent the spread of COVID-19 infection, and minimize congestion and contact at the registration desk, we introduce an advance registration and payment system. The registration period and method will be announced later. The fee for the welcome party will be collected on site. We appreciate your cooperation in advance registration for smooth operation.
Kyoto University Maskawa Building for Education and Research, etc. (the venues for Symposium, Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations)
1) Check this website for directions to the Yoshida Campus of Kyoto University. The venues are located on the North Campus within the Yoshida Campus.
2) Check this website for the locations of the venues in the North Campus. These are buildings #13 and #15 on the map.
The IFLA Asia-Pacific Regional Congress hosted by Japan Landscape Architects Union will be held in Tokyo, Japan, from November 15 to 17, 2023. Please see the official website.