The 15th International Landscape Architectural Symposium of Japan, China, and Korea will be held in Tokyo, Japan, from October 28 to 30, 2016. On behalf of the Japanese Institute of Landscape Architecture, we are pleased to cordially invite you, your colleagues, and LA students to attend the Symposium. Included below are the details of the Symposium.
1. Main and sub-themes
1.1 Main theme: “Landscape as Urban Infrastructure”
Each country has held several national mega-events such as the Olympics and world expositions. We also have frequently experienced natural disasters that seriously destroy urban areas. Landscape Architects rebuild urban infrastructure both for the national mega-events and for disaster recovery planning. How do professional landscape architects respond to such situations? What can we learn from past experiences? How can we envision future landscapes with shrinking cities and aging societies? We would like to discuss such issues of how “Landscape as Urban Infrastructure” will exist in the future in East Asia and beyond.
– Ecological Infrastructure
– Social Infrastructure
– Historical and Cultural Infrastructure
– Field Experience of Landscape Planning and Design *
* We welcome paper submissions from design and planning professionals
★ PROGRAM （Latest Update: October 20, 2016）
2. Dates and Venues
2.1 Date: October 28 (Fri)–30 (Sun), 2016
– Yayoi Auditorium, Faculty of Agriculture, The University of Tokyo
Address: 1-1-1 Yayoi, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 1138657
Symposium on October 29; research presentation and poster session on October 30
Exhibition of competition works and Japanese company booth on October 29 and 30
– The College of “Midori to Mizu (Green and water)” for Citizens, Hibiya Park, Chiyoda Ward, Tokyo
Address: 1-5 Hibiyakouen, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 1000012
Student competition examination board on October 28
Exhibition of competition works and Japanese company booth from October 22 to November 1
– October 28 (Fri): Technical Tour, student competition examination board, and presidents’ meeting
– October 29 (Sat): Symposium (keynote speech, presentations from each country, and panel discussion) and party
– October 30 (Sun): Research presentation, poster session, and farewell party
4. Language (provisional)
– The Symposium will be conducted in English.
5. Important dates
– Paper submission deadline (by email): July 19, 2016
– Oral/Poster presentation: October 30, 2016
– Registration deadline (by email): March 7–July 31, 2016
– Submission acceptance: August 1–August 31, 2016
– Finalist announcement (by email): Late September, 2016
– Exhibition: October 22–November 1, 2016 in Hibiya park, Tokyo
– Final presentation and awards ceremony: On the symposium day, Tokyo
6. Registration fees
– ¥10,000 per person
– Student rate: ¥5,000 per person
- Pre-registration is not requited.
- Registration fee will be collected at the reception desk of the symposium on October 29th.